Training from the Back of the Room
The In-Person TBR Practitioner Class
The official Training from the Back of the Room (TBR) Practitioner Class is a globally-acclaimed, interactive, skills-building train-the-trainer class for anyone who is a trainer, teacher, instructor, coach, or facilitator of learning. In this two-day class, you’ll explore how the human brain really learns, which is very different from traditional assumptions about learning and introduced to cognitive neuroscience concepts – the brain science behind all effective instructional design and human learning.
Attendee Learning Experience:
- Explore six powerful learning principles based on the best of brain science.
- Apply these principles every time you train, teach, instruct, or coach others.
- Experience and collect dozens of interactive instructional strategies that you can use with any topic and any group of learners.
- Use the 4Cs Map – a powerful 4-step instructional design and delivery model – to design any class or training you facilitate.
- Create a training plan specific to a topic you already teach.
- Course Workbook – a 55-page resource workbook that is only available with this class
- Hardback copies of Sharon Bowman’s best-selling books:
- Training from the BACK of the Room!
- Using Brain Science to Make Training Stick
The 4 C’s of Training from the Back of the Room
- Connections: The desire to learn – that is, to connect in meaningful ways to the physical environment and everything in it – is innate to the human brain.
- Concepts: As your brain immerses itself in learning, it gathers information in all sorts of ways: watching, listening, doing, trial and error, until, over time, it creates mental and physical patterns that will translate into cognition, emotion, and physical action.
- Concrete Practice: This step goes hand-in-hand with the one before it. As the brain learns new information, it immediately begins the trial-and-error application of that information to the physical world.
- Conclusions: Throughout the entire learning process, the brain assesses what it has learned and how it can use the new learning in its own life. The new learning gets folded into the old, and new cognitive, emotional, and physical patterns emerge.
About Agile Rising
We are not a training company. We are not a staffing company. Agile Rising focuses on real transformations for companies who choose the path of enterprise agility. As an SPCT Gold Partner with highly experienced Agile transformation consultants and coaches, we offer the right blend of consulting, coaching, and teaching in your organization for real transformation to succeed. You can expect insights from the trenches and pragmatic advice in every class we offer