SAFe Release Train Engineer (RTE) – AUG 24-26 [REMOTE DELIVERY]
August 24 @ 8:00 am - August 26 @ 5:00 pm CDT$2495.00 – $2695.00
SAFe Release Train Engineer
Facilitating Lean-Agile Program Execution
NOTE: This will be a remote, virtual classroom course. Attendees must have internet and video conferencing capability to participate.
Facilitate and enable end-to-end value delivery through Agile Release Trains (ARTs)—and learn how to build a high-performing ART by becoming a servant leader and coach—when you become a SAFe® 5 Release Train Engineer (RTE). We not only teach you the material, but share our real world experiences implementing agile at scale in large corporations, highly regulated industries, and government agencies — which we have been doing since 2010. At Agile Rising, we are not just instructors and your support doesn’t end on the last day of class. We are available to be answer your questions after class, be your mentor on your SAFe journey, or support your organization’s ongoing SAFe implementation and training needs. Our goal is to equip you with the knowledge and tools you need to successfully lead your Lean-Agile transformation.
During this three-day course, gain an in-depth understanding of the role and responsibilities of a Release Train Engineer (RTE) in the SAFe enterprise. Through experiential learning, examine the RTE role in a Lean- Agile transformation. Learn how to facilitate ART processes and execution, coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in new processes and mindsets. Explore how to prepare, plan, and execute a Program Increment (PI) planning event, the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization.
Who will benefit from this training
This course will benefit people in the follow roles:
- Practicing RTEs and Solution Train Engineers (STEs)
- Scrum Masters in a SAFe or SAFe-like environment
- Leaders and managers focused relentlessly improving the performance of their Agile Release Trains/Solution Trains.
- Agile coaches working in a SAFe/SAFe-like environment
- SAFe Program Consultants (SPCs) looking to be more effective in coaching ARTs and RTEs/STEs.
The following prerequisites are highly recommended :
- Have participated in at least one ART and one PI
- Hold at least one current SAFe certification
- Apply Lean-Agile knowledge and tools to execute and release value
- Assist with program and large solution execution
- Foster relentless improvement
- Build a high-performing ART by becoming a servant leader and coach
- Develop an action plan to continue the learning journey
- Three days of immersive, remote instruction instruction taught by a SAFe SPCT
- One attempt for the RTE certification exam
- One year of access to the Scaled Agile Framework online community
- A digital student workbook for all students
- A printed workbook and laminated implementation roadmap shipped to your home or office (US addresses only. Must register 1 week before start of class. )
- Testing support and on-demand mentoring
Your instructors are Chris Ruch, SPCT and Marshall Guillory, SPCT Candidate. Each have extensive experience leading remote trainings and events, as well as helping leaders drive agile at scale transformations in their organizations.
Christopher Ruch, SPCT
Jim Fowler, SPC
Agile Rising’s Digital Classroom
Agile Rising is a leader in delivering remote training solutions and provides an interactive digital classroom experience. This is not four days of lecture. It is an interactive workshop where you will learn through a combination of lessons, experiential group exercises, discussions, simulations, and Q&A sessions.
We combine video instruction
with white boarding tools
and learning games to create a valuable and engaging learning event.
If you must cancel your registration, full refunds will be issued up to 21 days before the event, less a $150 processing fee. After that date, you may choice receiving a 50% refund or moving your registration to a future class. Student substitutions are accepted at any time up to the start of class. Agile Rising strives to make all of our classes guaranteed to run, but if Agile Rising is forced to cancel a class for any reason, your registration fee will be returned in full immediately.