Implementing SAFe 5.1 w/ SPC Certification – Sacramento, CA October 4-7, 2021
October 4 @ 8:00 am - October 7 @ 5:00 pm CDT$2695.00 – $2995.00
Achieving Business Agility with the Scaled Agile Framework with Certified SAFe® Program Consultant
Learn how to lead a Lean-Agile transformation and successfully implement SAFe in your environment from the SAFe experts at Agile Rising. We not only teach you the material, but share our real world experiences implementing agile at scale in large corporations, highly regulated industries, and government agencies — which we have been doing since 2010. At Agile Rising, we are not just instructors and your support doesn’t end on the last day of class. We are available to be answer your questions after class, be your mentor on your SAFe journey, or support your organization’s ongoing SAFe implementation and training needs. Our goal is to equip you with the knowledge and tools you need to successfully lead your Lean-Agile transformation.
Who will benefit from this training
This course is intended for those who will be directly involved in and leading a SAFe implementation, including:
- Leaders and change agents driving the change in your organization
- Members of a Lean-Agile Center of Excellence or Agile Transformation Office
- Scrum Masters, Release Train Engineers, and coaches who will be facilitating events and activities
- Consultants and trainers who will be teaching agile trainings
- Project and Program Management Office (PMO) members who what to understand how to implement SAFe in your organization
- Portfolio Managers responsible for implementing strategic planning and budgeting as part of an enterprise Lean-Agile change initiative
Implementing SAFe Overview
During this four-day course, attendees learn how to lead a Lean-Agile transformation by leveraging the practices and principles of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®) and the seven core competencies of the Lean Enterprise. Attendees gain insights and practice how to coach programs, launch Agile Release Trains, build a Continuous Delivery Pipeline with DevOps culture, and empower a Lean Portfolio.
The first two days of this class is an intensive version of Leading SAFe. The goal is to prepare certified SAFe Program Consultants (SPCs) to teach the course and act as a certifying agent for SAFe Agilists (SAs). You will also gain the knowledge necessary to lead an enterprise agile transformation by leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework and its underlying principles of lean thinking and product development flow. In the second two days, you will gain the knowledge needed to identify, plan, and implement SAFe programs with Agile Release Trains. Further, you’ll have the briefings, artifacts and templates you need to identify the value streams, prepare the organization, launch Agile programs, plan and execute the major events, and implement effective processes and measures for continuous program improvement. Becoming a Certified SAFe® 5 Program Consultant (SPC), and learning necessary skills as a change agent, enables attendees to coach and guide the enterprise to succeed in a disruptive marketplace and empower them to implement a Lean-Agile SAFe transformation.
- Lead an enterprise Lean-Agile transformation
- Implement the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Empower with a Lean Portfolio
- Align the organization to a common language and way of working
- Perform Value Stream identification
- Launch and support Agile Release Trains, and coordinate Large Solutions
- Build and execute an implementation rollout strategy
- Configure the Framework for a specific enterprise context
- Train managers and executives in Leading SAFe®
- Continue their learning journey and become enabled to train other SAFe roles in the enterprise
- Four days of immersive, remote instruction instruction
- One attempt for the SPC certification exam
- One year of access to the Scaled Agile Framework online community
- A digital student workbook for all students
- A printed workbook and laminated implementation roadmap shipped to your home or office (US addresses only. Must register 1 week before start of class. )
- Testing support and on-demand mentoring
Your instructors are Chris Ruch, SPCT and Marshall Guillory, SPCT Candidate. Each have extensive experience leading remote trainings and events, as well as helping leaders drive agile at scale transformations in their organizations.
Christopher Ruch, SPCT
Marshall Guillory- SPCT Candidate
If you must cancel your registration, full refunds will be issued up to 21 days before the event, less a $150 processing fee. After that date, you may choice receiving a 50% refund or moving your registration to a future class. Student substitutions are accepted at any time up to the start of class. Agile Rising strives to make all of our classes guaranteed to run, but if Agile Rising is forced to cancel a class for any reason, your registration fee will be returned in full immediately.